Welcome to a new look ENNZ Volume 3, Issue No. 1. This issue includes a facsimile of an article by William Gorrie from 1880, which lists a number of New Zealand plants growing in Scotland. James Beattie introduces the topic and uses Gorrie’s article to reflect on some of the prevalent scholarly themes on acclimatisation. Teresa Shewry provides a review of Paul D’Arcy’s new book, The People of the Sea: Environment, Identity, and History in Oceania. Rounding out the issue is a call for papers for Animals and Agriculture: A Multidisciplinary Workshop, to be held at The University of Auckland in July 2008.
Sign up for our newsletter
- CFP: 2019 “Green Stream” at the Australian Historical Association Conference
- CFP: 2019, Energy and the Left, Workshop at NYU
- CFP: TRANSFORMATIONS JOURNAL ISSUE 33: MINERAL TRANSFORMATION AND RESOURCE EXTRACTION: PASTS, PRESENTS AND FUTURES
- CFP: 2019 “Local Communities, Global Networks”: Australian Historical Association Conference
- CFP: 2019 New Earth Histories Conference
- CFP: 2019 Creaturely Ethics and Poetics