Welcome to a new look ENNZ Volume 3, Issue No. 1. This issue includes a facsimile of an article by William Gorrie from 1880, which lists a number of New Zealand plants growing in Scotland. James Beattie introduces the topic and uses Gorrie’s article to reflect on some of the prevalent scholarly themes on acclimatisation. Teresa Shewry provides a review of Paul D’Arcy’s new book, The People of the Sea: Environment, Identity, and History in Oceania. Rounding out the issue is a call for papers for Animals and Agriculture: A Multidisciplinary Workshop, to be held at The University of Auckland in July 2008.
Sign up for our newsletter
- GALLERY OF AUSTRALIAN ENVIRONMENTAL HISTORY: NMA UPDATE #3
- CFP: 2020 Wine in the Anthropocene
- Book Launch: Idling in Green Places
- ANZEHN MEMBER PUBLICATION ROUND-UP, MARCH 2019 – AUGUST 2019 PUBLISHED!
- Submissions open for the 2019-20 Mike Smith Student Prize
- Public lecture and workshop by Prof Mark Carey