Welcome to a new look ENNZ Volume 3, Issue No. 1. This issue includes a facsimile of an article by William Gorrie from 1880, which lists a number of New Zealand plants growing in Scotland. James Beattie introduces the topic and uses Gorrie’s article to reflect on some of the prevalent scholarly themes on acclimatisation. Teresa Shewry provides a review of Paul D’Arcy’s new book, The People of the Sea: Environment, Identity, and History in Oceania. Rounding out the issue is a call for papers for Animals and Agriculture: A Multidisciplinary Workshop, to be held at The University of Auckland in July 2008.
Sign up for our newsletter
- Postdoc & PhD positions: Natural resources and historical development, 1880-2015
- Shooting the past on Radio National: Flo and Bena and the mallee root
- Summer scholarships at the National Library of Australia
- CFP: Handbook of Anti-Environmentalism
- CFP: (Un)common worlds: Contesting the limits of human–animal communities, Finland, August 2018
- CFP: Edited collection on Equine Breeds