Call for Self-Nominations – Executive Council of the International Water History Association
The International Water History Association (IWHA) seeks self-nominations from individuals interesting in running for positions on its Executive Council. The Executive Council is the governing body of the Association, managing its business, assets, and activities. Elections will be held in summer 2019. Newly elected members will begin their terms mid-August 2019.
The Association will be holding elections for the following positions:
- Vice-President (2-year term, after which the VP will succeed to the presidency)
- At-Large Members (4 open positions, 4-year terms)
For more about these positions, see the IWHA website: http://www.iwha.net/council
Candidates wishing to run for a position must meet two of the following requirements:
- Involvement in at least one IWHA conference.
- Experience researching and/or publishing in the field of water history.
- Active in relevant scholarly networks (water history or water studies, environmental history, water policy, etc.).
If you wish to run for a position, please send a self-nomination to Dr. David Pietz ([email protected]), Nominations Committee member, no later than July 10, 2019. Be sure to include the following:
- A short bio with your name and affiliation
- A 200-word statement explaining your interest in the position, your background, qualifications, and how you meet at least two (2) of the above requirements. This statement will appear on the election ballot and will serve to inform voters about you.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the IWHA Nominating Committee.