Covid-19 has changed all of our lives and will continue to be a defining feature of 2020. The editors of the RCC seeingthewoods blog are seeking submissions for a blog series related to the pandemic and environmental concerns. Potential topics include but are not limited to:
- pandemics in social and environmental history
- the “new normal” and the climate emergency
- the source of our current pandemic and lessons for the future
- conceptual frameworks for understanding the pandemic
- the future of globalization in the context of pandemics
- animals, humans, and disease
- the politics of pandemics and environmental concerns
The seeingthewoods blog aims to demonstrate the relevancy and importance of instilling a humanistic perspective into discussion about today’s environmental challenges. It is aimed at a general audience. Submissions should, therefore, be written in an engaging tone and avoid the use of academic jargon.
- Please submit a brief outline of the proposed blog post to [email protected]
- Final submissions should be no longer than 1,500 words and avoid the use of academic jargon.
- Authors are asked, where possible, to submit a copyright-free feature image with their submission.
- Upon acceptance of the submission, a date for publication will be agreed upon (see attached blog prospectus).
We look forward to hearing from you.