During the first COVID-19 lockdown in Australia, committee members of the Australian and New Zealand Environmental History Network produced a collection of introductory videos on some current approaches to environmental history. Originally produced for the 2020 ‘Humanities in the Regions’ Conference at James Cook University, we are now releasing these videos for wider use.
The videos are:
- ‘Introduction to Environmental History’ with Andrea Gaynor
- ‘The History of Disasters’ with Margaret Cook and Scott McKinnon
- ‘Animal History’ with Claire Brennan and Andrea Gaynor
- ‘Water and Climate Histories’ with Ruth Morgan and Emily O’Gorman
- ‘Energy History’ with Nancy Cushing
- ‘Histories of Marine Environments’ with Alessandro Antonello and David Harris
The Network committee hopes that these videos will be illuminating to those who are just beginning their environmental history journeys, especially undergraduate and other students.