Welcome to a new look ENNZ Volume 3, Issue No. 1. This issue includes a facsimile of an article by William Gorrie from 1880, which lists a number of New Zealand plants growing in Scotland. James Beattie introduces the topic and uses Gorrie’s article to reflect on some of the prevalent scholarly themes on acclimatisation. Teresa Shewry provides a review of Paul D’Arcy’s new book, The People of the Sea: Environment, Identity, and History in Oceania. Rounding out the issue is a call for papers for Animals and Agriculture: A Multidisciplinary Workshop, to be held at The University of Auckland in July 2008.
Sign up for our newsletter
- The Gondwana/Land Project: Human & Earth Histories in Conversation
- ANZEHN launches new video series!
- New Climate History Australia project: Perth’s daily weather
- Environmental History Week: ANZEHN happy hour & YouTube video launch
- WEHN Networking Panel: Women and Environmental History in the South
- PhD scholarship opportunity – Entangled Knowledge Project at Deakin University