At the New Zealand Historical Association Conference in Auckland in November 2005, the idea was mooted for a journal to be formed in order to link up people interested in topics relating to New Zealand and its environment. This includes people with interests in environmental history, landscape studies, literature and the environment, garden history, history of science, treaty history, and heritage issues.
Latest journal volume:
ENNZ: ENVIRONMENT AND NATURE IN NEW ZEALAND
VOLUME 11, DECEMBER 2018
Download this issue (PDF)
- Vaughan Wood, “Editor’s Introduction”
- Michael Roche, “Charles Foweraker: forestry and ideas of sustainability at Canterbury University College (1925-1934)”
- Tom Brooking, “The State of Environmental History in New Zealand: Some Personal Reflections in Late 2018”
- Vaughan Wood, “Review: Jonathan West, The Face of Nature: an environmental history of Otago Peninsula”
- Vaughan Wood, “Recent Publication: Catherine Knight, “Wildbore: a photographic legacy”
For queries and further information contact:
Chief Editor: Dr Vaughan Woods email@example.com
Founding Editor: James Beattie firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Editors: Dr. Charles Dawson Dr. Catherine Knight, Dr. Julian Kuzma, Dr. Robert Peden, Dr. Paul Star, Dr. Jonathan West, Dr. Joanne Whittle
Thanks to Professor Libby Robin and the Fenner School of Environment and Society for hosting this site.